CPA firm located in the Humble area seeks to hire a part time or full-time bookkeeper to provide services to business and personal clients.
We have a wide variety of clients with bookkeeping and tax needs. This position will work closely with clients and coworkers and must demonstrate excellent customer service skills. A professional appearance and attitude and a strong work ethic is critical to the success of this role. We offer flexible hours and work arrangements and a generous holiday schedule.
This is a great position with a growing firm that offers lots of potential to learn other services and increase knowledge and responsibilities including tax preparation, payroll, advisory and more.
Hourly wage will depend on experience.
• Reviewing client documents and recording appropriate entries
• Creating and reviewing adjustments including reconciliations, reclassifications, and journal entries
• Preparing financial statements and other reports as required
• Preparing sales and franchise tax reports
• Meeting and corresponding with clients to review documents and reports
• Learning and performing office processes
• Helping with other office administrative tasks such as packaging documents for clients, assisting clients with signing completed documents, and other duties as assigned
• Experience providing client bookkeeping services and willingness to learn;
• Strong communication skills, highly organized, efficient and accurate, and able to meet all deadlines;
• Basic computer skills including Microsoft Office software;
• Preferred: Experience using Xero, QuickBooks (desktop or online)
• Preferred: Able to work additional hours during busy season as needed;
• Preferred: Minimum 2 years college in accounting/finance field
• Preferred: CPA or Enrolled Agent (EA)
Direct hire only, no agencies or recruiters.
Contact this Employer »