Job Description: Accountant
• Maintain borrowing base files to support bank lines of credit and ensure compliance with bank regulations.
• Manage the appraisal payment process, which includes verifying appraisals are completed and paid for by the borrower.
• Track loan officers’ earned commissions and process payouts to the team monthly. • Assist with billing and collections, which includes invoicing and applying for payments in Quickbooks.
• Support annual projects, such as preparing annual Forms 1098 and 1099 and processing property tax payments for all properties in the loan portfolio.
• Work with President, CFO, and loan officers to streamline processes as necessary.
• Degree in Accounting or Finance.
• Proficient in Microsoft Excel and Word.
• Experience with QuickBooks, Google Drive, and Gmail is a plus.
• 3+ years of professional work experience in accounting or finance. Experience in the banking or real estate industry is a plus.
• Highly organized, detail-oriented, self-motivated, and professional.
• Ability and willingness to quickly and efficiently adapt in a rapidly changing, small company environment.
• Able to handle conflicting deadlines while meeting requirements and maintaining accuracy.
• Mission-driven. You believe in the company’s mission to provide financial freedom for all stakeholders, customers, investors, and the team.
• Motivator. You are both self-motivated and great at motivating others. If you see something that needs to be done, you act.
• High integrity. You know right from wrong and are fully invested in doing the right thing at all times. You keep your word, follow-through, and do what you say you will do. You don’t cut corners ethically, and always do what is right as opposed to what is simply convenient.
• Team Player. Collaborative, hardworking, problem-solver who leads by example. You could never ask anyone to do something you are not willing to do yourself.
• Entrepreneurial. You think outside the box; you can do more with less; you are resourceful and fiscally responsible in the pursuit of business objectives.
• Flexible. You adapt as situations change, and are comfortable with ambiguity and constant change.
• Curious. You have a deep willingness to learn and realize that no one knows everything. You are comfortable with this and willing to put the work in to acquire new skills as needed.
• Big-Picture Thinking. You are always exploring and evaluating new ideas and processes that can make the organization better and more streamlined
TBD - pls include your salary requirements or an idea - pls put Accountant in subject line
Contact this Employer »