Community Agreement / Usage Policy
Community Agreement / Usage Policy
« Back to Forums
Kingwood.com is a local online, social gathering place for neighbors in the Kingwood, Texas area.
This community welcomes and encourages:
The Kingwood.com forum is a privately owned online social group and you must follow
the guidelines below as well as coexist in a friendly way with moderators and their requests in order
to participate here.
- Open and honest dialogue.
- A friendly, safe and welcoming atmosphere.
- People giving each other the benefit of the doubt, especially with controversial or emotional topics.
A Couple Guidelines:
- No insults or name calling directed at other members. Avoid personal attacks or character attacks on other members.
- If many people might interpret a message or picture as racist, bigoted, homophobic or sexist, please don't post it.
This is a quick way to get banned.
- Insults or criticisms that involve race, ethnicity, sex, sexual orientation, ethnicity or religion will be removed.
- Don't pretend to be someone else, or post under several usernames, with a couple exceptions:
"Throw Away" Accounts:
You can create a temporary "throw away" username to use in a single discussion thread
to discuss a private/personal issue, but that account should be restricted to that
single discussion only, and you should not post with both your accounts under the same discussion.
Do not use throw away accounts to post inflammatory messages or messages that otherwise break forum rules.
Classifieds Account: You can also create one separate account for use on the classifieds only.
- Privacy / Anonymity: Never post personal information (real name, address, work place, physical description, email address, family status, etc.) that would betray the anonymity of another member without permission, either publicly or in private messages. We can only enforce your anonymity/privacy if you are careful about giving out your information publicly. If you think someone has violated your privacy / anonymity, please contact an Admin ASAP. Don't repost private messages on the forums. Forward PMs to an Admin if they are breaking rules.
- Messages that are too crude may get deleted. Don't post sexually explicit or violent pictures. Our detailed photo & video guidelines are available here.
- No business solicitations, advertisements, spam or business self promotion on the forums. Honest reviews of local companies by independent third parties are welcome, although we will sometimes remove criticisms of our official website sponsors.
- The "Ignore" feature is meant to reduce conflict. If you have someone on ignore or that person has you on ignore, please refrain from talking to or about that person.
- Moderators typically delete the following types of threads: swan song posts, posts about ignoring or being ignored by someone, new threads dedicated to criticizing another member, posts advocating for dubious medical treatments, posts about being banned or quitting the site, posts about one race bad or being better/worse than average in some way, critiques of moderating (take it to PMs please), posts mentioning other forums or community web sites or Facebook groups, any referral or affiliate links.
- Moderators typically remove posts criticizing our official website sponsors.
- If someone is breaking the rules, please flag it and let a moderator step in. Avoid taking things "into your own hands".
- No chronic unfriendly behavior allowed: members who habitually demean, criticize, or mock other members, or otherwise encourage a hostile environment on the forums will have their account closed.
- If two members argue repeatedly with each other, an Admin may put them on "Forced Ignore".
- Rules concerning racism, bigotry, sexism, anonymity, business solicitations also apply to private messages. Violations of these specific rules could get your account banned even if they are limited to occurring in private messages only.
- We have unique and specified rules about Political discussions on these forums. If you start a political discussion, please mark it in the "Political" category. Please do not post about politics on discussions not marked political. Read the full political guidelines here »
- You must be 13 years or older to have an account or participate on the forums.
Additional Moderating Guidelines:
Rules? What About Free Speech?