Executive Assistant Kingwood Resume - Kingwood, TX
||Last Updated: Mar 11, 2012 @ 4:23pm
Seeking Job: Executive Assistant
Position Desired: Executive Assistant
This letter is to express my interest in bringing you my years of experience to your company.
After reviewing my resume', you will identify a long working history in the corporate and insurance industry and a couple of years in legal.
My background includes expertise in the following areas:
* Executive Assistance to SVP, VP, AVP and staff.
* Legal Assistance to attorneys in advising on client profiles.
* Customer Service and Quality Control.
* Analytical Support to management.
* Correspondence and Clerical support.
In addition to the above experience, I can also offer your firm:
* Over years in the professional environment.
* Strong working ethics.
* Proficiency in computer knowledge of hardware, software and programs; including, but not limited to versions of Microsoft Office and Windows Operating Systems.
* Great team player and self motivated worker.
Thank you for your time and the opportunity for consideration in the posted position.
Graduated May 1981
John H. Reagan High School Houston, TX
Completed Vocational Office Education Program
Houston Community College courses Completed:
- Business English
- Business Communication
- Business Writing
- MS-DOS Software I
- Office Accounting I and II
- Intro to Data Processing
- Photography – History and Science
American General Office Skills and Training Programs:
- Structured Writing
- MS PowerPoint Training
- Proposals and Presentations
- Advance MS Excel Training
- Professionalism in the Office
- MS Access Training
- Achieving Communication and Effectiveness
- Effective Leadership
Work History / Experience:
September , to February ,
Executive Administrative Assistant
- Handles and screens phone calls in a professional and friendly manner.
- Ability to support department in business traveling by collecting best travel arrangements, pricing rates and scheduling travel (Air, hotel, car rental and car service).
- Develops PowerPoint presentations and company financials for underwriters to present to potential clients.
- Provides administrative support to SVPs and large underwriting staff.
- Provides troubleshooting on computer software and hardware.
- Manages and monitors department’s budget and reports expense variances to plan.
- Manages and reviews invoices from subscriptions and vendors and complete Expense Disbursements to submit to Accounts Payable for payment distribution. Monitors thereafter.
- Promotes Employee Welfare Activities – Organize department Lunch & Learns, Team building activities, off-site gatherings and celebrations.
- Coordinates and negotiates contracts for department events.
- Exercises confidentiality when privy to client, broker, department changes and employee information.
-Maintains Executive’s Outlook calendar to control scheduling of appointments and meetings.
- Reviews potential clients’ background and history through internet website.
- Creates organization charts, tables, graphs and assist in business plan writing.
- Prepares letters for SVP going out to clients and brokers.
- Works beyond the call of duty and displays dedication to support the needs of executives and staff.
- Maintains vacation and attendance and supports company’s policies.
April , to August ,
Recio & Wyatt , P.C. The Woodlands, Texas
Senior Paralegal Analyst – Medicaid Eligibility (Aged & Disabled)
- Handled phone calls from potential clients seeking Medicaid Eligibility and scheduled appointments for the attorney.
- Frequent meetings with clients to review personal and financial information and provide guidance and instructions on information needed to help proceed with the Medicaid planning process.
- Created Financial Analysis, Applied Income Summary and completed Medicaid Application to submit to the Texas Health and Human Service Commission for approval. .
- Communicated with financial institutions and insurance companies and complying with HEPA laws, when requesting information on the client. Develop good relationships with nursing home staff and caseworkers at the Health and Human Services.
- Provided feedback to the attorney in regards to positioning the clients finances based on government rules and regulations; therefore, developing a spend-down plan for the client.
- Draft Qualified Income Trust and Power of Attorney documents for attorney’s approval and assisted with notarizing documents.
November , to March ,
Rod Johnson Law Firm, P.C.
The Woodlands, Texas
Legal Assistant for Elder Care
- General Administrative duties – Greet clients, enforced client confidentiality, answered phone calls, retrieve messages, scheduled appointments on MS Outlook calendar, communication with clients, other paralegals, district clerks, etc.
- Assist Attorney during initial Medicaid consultation with potential clients to prepared an estate preservation analysis and provide a quick assessment based on the client’s income and finances.
- Created brochures and other marketing materials with Photoshop software.
- Provided attorney with weekly and monthly status reports.
- Traveled with attorney for marketing purposes.
- Prepared client’s financial analysis and calculated the client’s co-payment for nursing home care based on Medicaid approval.
- Prepared Medicaid Application with supporting documents.
- Assist attorney in planning and positioning client’s finances for Medicaid eligibility.
- Personally established confidence and good reputation with clients on having a % approval rate on the accuracy of Medicaid Applications.
October , to September ,
AIG/VALIC (The Variable Annuity Life Ins. Co.) Houston, Texas
New Accounts Customer Service Professional ( May – Sept. )
- Quality Review the processing team’s performance. Target errors, made corrections and reported errors to unit manager.
- Handled complaints (phone calls and correspondence) from Financial Advisors regarding new business account set-ups. Maintained logs with documentation.
- Documented staff meeting minutes and distributed approved written minutes to staff.
- Support manager by determining a need for training, then creating new written procedures as a training tool for new hires and processing team members.
- Provide special project support to department manager and director.
Technical Analyst (June – May )
- Provided an expertise in reading company database system to determine the outcome of agent and manager’s compensation.
- Provided recommendations and methods of corrections to special projects. Research and resolve compensation issues.
- Review split commission agreements between Financial Advisors and set-up arrangements in the Compensation Split Commission System.
- Verbal and written communication with agents and district managers to obtain pertinent information regarding split commission agreements.
Compensation Department Analyst (Feb. – June )
- Selected to participate in Managers and Agents Compensation System Project. Created test plans for systematic enhancements, testing of plans, and documented beginning to end results. Participated in group discussions with directors, mangers, and system programmers. Proposed suggestions and documented new procedures.
- Transaction clean-up project. Due to system limitations, Financial Advisors and Managers were compensated incorrectly. Determined appropriate compensation due, made manual corrections, documented problem and correction made, contacted regional manager via memorandum.
ADDITIONAL POSITIONS HELD WITH VALIC:
Quality Control and Audit Team Leader ( – )
Compensation Communication Correspondent – Level I & II ( – )
Quality Control and Audit Clerk ( – )
Compensation Change Clerk ( – )
Agents and Managers Benefits Clerk ( – )
Experience in the following:
• MS Office: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and internet usage. Lotus Notes, Visio, WordPerfect.
• Photo Editing, Print Master and Print Shop software.
• Printers, scanners, fax machines, Xerox copiers.
• Installing programs and hardware. Troubleshooting
• Digital Photography – including green screen and digital backgrounds.
Desired Compensation / Salary: